Monday 3 January 2011

Belated Christmas

It has been another quiet day at Mitsidi. I have been working at home this morning going over my notes of all the visits to nurseries and officials that we made at the very beginning of our time here and making plans for the period between now and when the Intermediate course starts on 7 Feb. About one o'clock I felt peckish and went down to the kitchen in the main house to make soup. It may seem odd to fancy soup with the temperature in the 80's, but I guess soup tastes of home! Anyway an hour or so later I was sitting on the khonde finishing off a bowlful, when Charles came up with a brown envelope stuffed with letters. There was one for Jan and Lindy, two for David and six for me. Lucky me! Some of them carried Blantyre Post Office stamps for the 21 and 22 December, so goodness knows where they have been since then, but anyway I was very pleased to get them and opened mine immediately. It was good to receive news from Karl's mum and dad, and some lovely earrings, thanks very much. There was a card from Jack which made me laugh and cry at the same time, and cards from Christine, Mags, John, and John's brother and his family. Thank you all so much. It is lovely to get letters, especially hand written ones full of news and affection, and I enjoyed them very much. I will answer them all individually one by one, but it may take me a little while! The post is very unreliable. I still have not received any of Margaret's letters and I know Rose has sent me a parcel of which there is no sign.

1 comment:

  1. Mine was sent around the 5th to give you some idea of how long it's taking from the UK.

    ReplyDelete