Monday 4 October 2010

More Goodbyes

I realised that there are already mistakes in this blog, notably it is not true that the first entry was written on 21 September but I guess it doesn't really matter as the sentiments remain the same!  I have a lot to learn about blogging and |I guess that most of it will have to wait until I get there and then it will be mostly by trial and error!  Today has been a day of 'lasts'.  It was my last working day in the UK.  I finished working for NANSA and was very touched by the warmth of their farewell and their appropriate gift, a wind-up radio. That will be very useful on the evenings when the electricity goes off!  I also went to the GPs for the last time (I hope!) to be put on steroids to get rid of the allergic symptoms.  I did my last lot of ironing ( I can hear Kathy saying 'Why?'),  wrote a couple of notes to dear friends and went out for an excellent supper at John's.  I also learned that the other Childcare Trainer David, is not well and will be unable to travel with me to Malawi, following in two weeks when he is better.  What an anticlimax that must be for him!  I am scared, but I am all geared up to go and I think I would struggle with a delay.  So get well soon David, I need you.

Leaving people behind continues to be my greatest difficulty.  Now that David is delayed I am going to a place where there will be no one that I have ever met before.  That is certainly a situation I have never experienced and not one I relish the prospect of.  However it is the case, and I will have to 'grit my teeth and think of democracy' as one of you wrote in my party notebook.  Wise and necessary advice I fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment